There are many ways you could add a Google Adsense to Joomla website. One way is by using a Joomla extension, while the other is by inserting the Adsense HTML code manually with Joomla custom module.
Many persons have made attempts to add Google Adsense to Joomla without using an extension, but have not made much success.
In this article, I will be showing you how to add Google Adsense to Joomla without an extension, using the Custom HTML Module. Let’s get started.
Create an Adsense Account.
Before you can begin to add a Google Adsense to your Joomla site, you must first have an Adsense account. If you already have an Adsense account, you can skip this process. But if you don’t have an Adsense account yet, follow the steps below to create one.
Google Adsense is one of the ways by which you can earn money as a blogger because it is one of the best programs for contextual advertisement.
1. Visit https://www.google.com/adsense/start
2. When on the Adsense sign up page, Click Sign up now
3. Enter your website URL where you want your ads to show.
4. Next, enter your email address. The email must be a google mail.
5. Next, under the “Get helpful AdSense info at that email address,” choose any of your preferred options.
6. Next, click save and continue.
7. Next, you will have to sign in to your Google Account to continue.
8. Select the country or the territory you are from.
9. Read and accept Google Adsense Terms and Conditions.
Now you have signed up for Google Adsense. A code will be given to you that you must add to your website. After you have added the code, your Adsense application will be reviewed within 1 to 3 months by the Adsense team, to ensure it is in compliance with the Adsense policies.
If your application is approved, you will receive a email to that effect. You can then login to your Adsense account. Create a new ad unit and copy the code. Now that you have the code, follow the steps below to add it to your Joomla Adsense.
How to Add AdSense to Joomla Using Custom HTML Module
1. Login to your Joomla back end website. You must log in with an Administrators account.
2. Go to Site > Global Configuration and change the default WYSIWYG editor to ‘editor – no editor‘. It is important you change the default editor to no editor, before pasting the Java code.
3. Now, go to Extensions > Module Manager and create a new module. Choose Custom HTML from the list.
5. Now, Save & Close the Custom module.
6. Next, Go back to Site > Global Configuration and change the default WYSIWYG editor to what it was initially.
Do not lose your content. Learn how to Backup a Joomla website now.
If you followed the steps above, you would have successfully added Google Adsense code to your Joomla website. However, there are Joomla extensions that can also help you do that if you preferred to use an extension.
To use an extension, download and install Joomla extensions directory to your Joomla website.
Also See: Top 5 Forum Extensions for Joomla